2nd Skull Pro Cap
The Pro Cap design was engineered with a $100,000 grant from The National Football League. The Pro Cap has improved capabilities over the standard 2nd Skull Pro Cap.
Testing on the Pro Cap under the keen eye of the NFL proved that the new cap is in the same heat index category as a regular skull cap with no protective material. 2nd Skull Pro Cap has the same super thin 2 millimeter XRD panels that absorb impact on contact. The thin profile makes helmet fitting a seamless experience. The player can put the Pro Cap on just like a normal skull cap and immediately play.
Pro-style also has a new outside fabric that adds extra slippage of the helmet at contact. Biomechanical testing proves that the more the helmet can rotate on the cap the less rotational force is put on the player. The Pro Cap, with extra breathability, and the same super important impact protection is a must for all athletes that use a helmet.
- Protective skull cap
- Fits comfortably under any sports helmet
- Features impact-absorbing technology
- Thin, lightweight design
- Moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry
- Anti-microbial treatment prevents odor
- Machine washable for easy cleaning
- Permitted for high school use for football, baseball, hockey, and lacrosse
- Can be worn for BMX, skateboarding, and snowboarding
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Fabric: Spandex blend
- Style: 2NDSKULLCAP
- Youth: Circumference - 19''-21''
- Teen/Adult: Circumference - 21''-24.5''
- XL: Circumference - 24.5'' - 26''
Reviews and Questions
Ice hockey goalie
Every ice hockey goalie should wear a pro cap under their helmet. I am completely comfortable making that statement. Adjusting the helmet may be necessary but I simply loosened my chin strap just a little bit. It's worth trying and I have 25 years of experience.
THANK YOU 2nd Skull
My son plays middle school football in Texas, and he loves his 2nd Skull. The only complaint he ever had was in the early part of the season when its just blazin' hot in Texas. So THANK YOU 2nd Skull for listening and creating a lighter more breathable product for those of us in hotter climates! Well done.