“You can’t protect your kids from everything, but you can give them a 2nd Skull™”
“It all started on a summer day in 2010. My kids were riding bikes and electric four wheelers. All of a sudden, I saw my son fall down and hit his head hard on the concrete. While he had his bicycle helmet on, I realized that in a split second our lives could change. I felt helpless and knew at that moment that I had to do something about this, for me and for other parents. If there was one product that could add protection to any sport helmet, what would it look like?”
This event sparked the idea which led to the journey and the birth of 2nd Skull.
Federico Olivares, Founder and President of 2nd Skull
Made in the USA
2nd Skull products are proudly Made in the USA, enabling us to deliver the best protective headgear. It is our way to give back to this great country.
Founder & VP Innovation
- Disruptive Innovation at Fortune 250 and Global 500 Companies including GlaxoSmithKline, Kellogg's and PPG Industries
- Drives Product Development and Innovation Pipeline
H. Vaughan Blaxter
Chairman & CEO
- Retired Vice President and General Counsel, The Hillman Company
- 30 Years experience in venture capital - corporate acquisitions
President & COO
- Leads all product, operations, and marketing initiatives
- Business Strategy & Transformation Executive with experience at Genesco, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and American Eagle Outfitters
VP Business Development
- Capital Formation Experience
- Evaluate Strategic Partners
- Key experience with Body Media, Free Markets, Constant Contact and Octane Lending
David N. Scaife
Business Operations Advisor
- Chairman, DSF Charitable Foundation
- Retired entrepreneur, private equity investor
Michael Y. Oh, MD
- UC Irvine Department of Neurosurgery
"Biomechanical testing proves that the 2nd Skull cap adds protection for any athlete who uses a helmet. I recommend the caps for athletes and parents who want to maximize new technology to make them safer during practice and play." -Dr. Oh
- Former NFL Quarterback
- Drives Influence and Adoption
- University of Pittsburgh
- 9 Pitt Football records - passing, scoring, and total offense
- NCAA All-East selection
- Indiana University of PA; Central Catholic High School; Shady Side Academy
- Dapper Dan Award in 1971 - outstanding achievement in college football
- Elected to the American Football Association Hall of Fame as a player
- AFA Ray Mansfield Award for contributions to youth football
Chief Technology Officer -
2nd Skull Europe
- Directs product development and engineering program for European business unit.
- Manages business operations including product sourcing, manufacturing, and supply chain efforts.
Chief Marketing Officer -
2nd Skull Europe
- Directs global organization initiative for European implantation.
- Coordinates off-shore business strategy & execution.